<< Back to Media
For immediate release
MediaCorp launches Toggle, its personal entertainment service on multiple devices
Singapore, 1 February 2013 – Over the years, technology has dramatically transformed the way we consume media. MediaCorp has kept pace with technology’s leaps and today it celebrates the future of TV with the launch of Toggle.
Toggle’s over-the- top service offers entertainment, information and news to viewers online, on smart phones, tablets and smart TV, making content-viewing an uninterrupted and engaging experience. To enjoy this, viewers can choose to subscribe to their favourite channels and movies or simply register at no cost, to watch free local content where MediaCorp has rights to.
Toggle warps time – in a good way. With Toggle’s Catch-Up service, viewers don’t need to make an appointment to catch their favourite programmes. For viewers who dread waiting for the next episode of their favourite Channel 8 drama, they don’t have to. They can subscribe to Toggle-It-First for the pleasure of watching the next five episodes before everyone else.
“Today’s viewer is a sophisticated one, expecting to access their favourite content selections without fuss,” said Mr Philip Koh, Managing Director, Convergent Media Division, MediaCorp. “Toggle offers this experience by allowing you to choose the content you want, plus where and how you want to consume it. It is that personal.”
Added Mr. Koh, “This means Toggle’s content goes where you go, allowing you to switch from watching on your PC to your mobile phone when you leave home. And with the wide range of content offered, from different channels and movies to original productions, viewers will have a lot to keep them toggling.”
Accessibility is key to Toggle’s service – from its pricing and technology to its content offerings. Firstly, Toggle viewers can choose to buy content on an a la carte basis, without having to subscribe to a basic bundle of programmes beforehand. Secondly, to ensure easy access, its over-the-top delivery allows viewers to access Toggle’s content via any internet service provider. Lastly, unlike other video services that only offer video on demand (VOD), Toggle also offers linear channels so viewers can still enjoy a lean-back experience of its content.
Toggle will also offer local content free of charge to registered users, subject to rights availability. Such content will include programmes from the Free-to-air channels (for example Channel 8, Channel 5, Suria, Vasantham) in the form of Catch-up, as well as the linear streaming of our Channel NewsAsia. By mid-2013, Toggle plans to offer local content to Singaporeans residing overseas.
Viewers can now enjoy 21 days of free preview when they register before 17 February. To start enjoying MediaCorp’s latest personal entertainment service, visit www.toggle.sg or download the app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
Toggle will soon be made available on smart TVs and android devices.
For more information on subscription plans, log on to www.toggle.sg or contact our Toggle Customer Care Hotline at 6388 3888.
Issued by Convergent Media Division, MediaCorp
For more information, please contact:
Senior Marketing Manager
Convergent Media Division
DID: 6350 3962
Fax: 6250 3696
Toggle’s over-the-top service offers entertainment, information and news across multiple platforms. Channels offered include: Toggle Eve, Toggle Kids, Toggle Movies, Body in Balance, TravelXP, Havoc 247, KBS World, Motorvision, FashionOne, Jiangsu TV, Channel NewsAsia and Channel 8i. Also available on demand are Comedy Central Asia and movies from Disney, Cinemaworld HD, KIX & Thrill Select and Celestial Movies. For more information on subscription plans, kindly log on to www.toggle.sg or contact our Toggle Customer Care Hotline at 6388 3888.
Issued by Convergent Media Division, MediaCorp
MediaCorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, MediaCorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil), reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, MediaCorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards’ Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, MediaCorp’s vision is to become Asia’s top media company, delivering valued content to the world.
For more information, please visit www.mediacorp.sg.
The current channels available on Toggle:
1. Toggle Eve: A lifestyle and entertainment channel dedicated to the female audience. Toggle Eve is the channel that caters to women from all walks of life, with interesting bite size tips on food, fashion, travel and fun! Look out for Asian variety series and dramas where we showcase delightful programmes that will keep our female audience glued! Acquired series also include talk shows and various international fashion reality series.
2. Toggle Kids: Toggle Kids is a 24/7 channel that focuses on entertaining and educating the younger audience aged between 3-11. Be enchanted by the various animations from all over the world, including the award-winning animation, Zheng He’s Voyages to the west.
3. Toggle Movies: Toggle Movies brings you movies from all over the world right to your doorstep and at your convenience. Be intrigued by the international films! With Toggle movies, there is never a dull moment! Also look out or the weekend CinemaWorld belt, where we bring you the best of foreign movies in one channel.
4. Channel NewsAsia*: The news channel with a regional reach, providing the latest news and information on global developments with Asian perspectives.
5. Body In Balance: Body in Balance is one of Europe's leading wellness and yoga channel, with programming that focuses on yoga, pilates, health & wellness. The channel has worked with a number of notable instructors such as Maya Fiennes as well as Doug Robertson, known for his Perfect Bum series.
6. Channel 8i*: Channel 8 International is a 24-hour channel showcasing popular MediaCorp latest dramas and well-loved classics.
7. TravelXP: India's first travel channel with one of the biggest India-centric libraries of travel content across the world. This channel will keep viewers up to date with travel/holiday destinations, food, hotels, culture, infotainment, nature, history, people and lifestyle. Take a holiday at the convenience of your own time and venue, just sit back and relax, TravelXP will transport you to places you’ve always wanted to go and so much more!
8. Havoc 247: Since 2004, Havoc 247 has been determined to be an authentic voice in the worlds of indie music and action sports. The programmers, editors, and filmers have been curating the latest and greatest, digging out the classics, and producing their own unique content, to make them the nation’s leading indie music and action sports network. It is one of the hottest channels for the teens! "
9. KBS World: Highly appreciated among Asian audiences, KBS dramas bring heart-warming stories of life, love, and family. It offers enjoyable entertainment programs including K-Pop music shows, comedy skits, and infotainment programs.
10. Motorvision: A channel that is dedicated to cars and motoring. Motorvision provides special features on exotic cars and luxury marques, to exclusive previews of the latest models from Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Bugatti and Ferrari. The channel is packed with a broad range of magazines and documentary formats shows focusing on the latest trends, special reports on motorsports, travel, design, cars and the latest innovations in environmentally friendly future cars.
11. Jiangsu TV: Jiangsu TV channel features an engaging programme mix inclusive of LIVE regional and national news, popular variety shows and reality programming and several highly rated drama series. This channel is well known for its long running dating series "Perfect Match” , attracting high-quality participants and guests. Since their launch in 2010, they have been topping the national TV rating.
12. FashionOne: FashionOne is a global television network focused on the synergy between lifestyle, travel, entertainment, film and fashion. Look out for programmes like Design Genius and Front Row. Be in the forefront of fashion with FashionOne! FashionOne- a la carte channel at only $5.35/mth.
13. KidsCo: A global 24/7 children's television channel, KidsCo’s brand core values includes providing the young viewers with quality entertainment, fun, educational development , family-centric content , safe, non-violent, interactive, enhancing a sense of global environment awareness, celebration of cultural diversity. Look out for premieres the likes of Dino Squad, Bommi & Friends.
Fans of Channel 8 drama will be able to catch five episodes of the drama in advance before Channel 8’s telecast date under Toggle –It- First. Fans of movies can now enjoy their movies on demand from Disney, Cinemaworld HD, KIX and Thrill Select and Celestial Movies.
* These channels are offered free-of-charge. Subscription is not required to receive these channels.